Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Your Clemson Tigers

To many suprise the Clemson tigers are 4-0 and 13th in the nation. Cullen Harper is playing like a three-year starter and the offensive line is filling the gaps left by four seniors last year. I think that the people outside of Clemson are the more suprised ones. People in Clemson haven't forgot totally what it's like to win a few games. If you ask most Clemson natives they will quickly tell you about the Danny Ford era, and ofcourse the 1981 National Championship. Most of them will never forget those days. The question they ask is, will this 4-0 team bring Clemson back to the promise land? Well with three Atlantic Division games left in the ACC, and three Coastal Division games left only time will tell. If the Clemson tigers can maintain this attitude about themselves and continue to win, we may see a new era in Clemson within the next year. Only time will tell with the Clemson Tigers, but the future sure looks bright.

1 comment:

Frankie said...

You know that you could always write about Clemson football, and I would eat it up. I think you make some great points again. I'm sure it is difficult to hear what the media is saying and not be influenced by it. I can't even imagine how a head coach does it--keeping a team focused. I'm sure that you all always hear from the media about how Clemson is inconsistent and either starts out well or ends well, but never both. The thing is is that no one outside of the program truly understands what is going on and how difficult it is.

Having gone through the Zook years at Florida, I always tried to support the guy because I feel it's important to not kick people when they're down. People were always ripping him apart, but I felt it was more an issue that Gator fans were spoiled. Looking back now, it's easy to see an obvious difference in the mentality of the teams, which is awesome. Just this past week at Ole Miss UF had quite the scare. I think any other UF team--Spurrier or Zook--would have lost, but the Meyer led teams always sound confident in what they do.

I'm glad to hear about how the team's attitude is positive. I think so much of sports is attitude. I know this weekend will be another challenge, but I feel confident in the tigers. Sorry I rambled for a while. I just love college football. Go Tigers.

Frankie